The new BMW X4: Pricing and specifications announced for New Zealand
The new BMW X4: Pricing and specifications announced for New Zealand.
- Second-generation BMW X4 range details announced for New Zealand
- Three engine options from launch, offering the choice of petrol and diesel
- Priced from $98,700 plus on-road costs
- Range-topping X4 M40i introduces M Performance models for the first time in the local line-up
- Standard Driving Assistant Plus package brings the highest level of next-generation driving assistance systems to all models, including the latest semi-automated driving capability
- Innovative BMW Connected+ offers next-level connectivity
- The new BMW X4 is available for order now, arriving in September
BMW Group New Zealand is proud to announce local specification and pricing information for the new BMW X4.
Available from September 2018, the local range will consist of the X4 xDrive20d, X4 xDrive30i M Sport X, and the range-topping X4 M40i M Performance model.
Launched almost four years ago as the first Sports Activity Coupé (SAC) in the premium mid-size segment, the BMW X4 was an overnight success and has achieved over 200,000 sales globally in that time.
“The new BMW X4 is such an elegant design, and the new model really exudes a strong confidence on the road”, says BMW Group New Zealand managing director, Florian Renndorfer. “The BMW X4 has outstanding driving dynamics, and further blends X characteristics with even greater agility and handling properties”.
BMW X4 New Zealand pricing*:
BMW X4 xDrive20d $98,700
BMW X4 xDrive30i M Sport X $107,500
BMW X4 M40i $126,500
*Recommended retail pricing, excluding on-road costs.
The design characteristics of a BMW X model with the elegance of a Coupé
The precise shoulder line – which takes in the door openers en route to the rear lights – and the character line between the wheel arches break up the surfaces of the car’s flanks. This creates clearly defined haunches, which are additionally emphasised by the drawn-in glasshouse at the rear.
The coupe-style roofline slides into the rear window with an elegant flourish before dipping down more steeply to the rear. The window graphic also underlines the dynamic proportions of the BMW X4, thanks to a smoothly rising sill line and an elongated take on the Hofmeister kink “counter-swing” at the base of the C-pillars.
The three-dimensional design of the vertically positioned and larger BMW kidney grille conveys a strong presence. Viewed from the side, the long bonnet, low windscreen (with acoustic glass fitted as standard to reduce wind noise), extended wheelbase and coupé-style roofline lend this car a sporting, more elongated overall shape.
A sophisticated and flexible interior
BMW designers have managed to appreciably increase interior space and comfort with no restriction to the X4’s storage capability and versatility.
Focused on the driver in the best BMW tradition, the new BMW X4’s interior mirrors the premium layout of the new X3 and 5 Series.
The new X4 also follows the new X3 with the inclusion of Leather ‘Vernasca’ upholstery. This new-generation genuine leather features a supremely soft and luxurious finish, enhancing the level of comfort to an even higher level.
Three full-size seats are fitted in the rear compartment of the BMW X4, providing the rear seat passengers with an additional 27 millimetres of legroom over the predecessor model. The boot has a capacity of 525 litres and the load space can be expanded to a maximum of 1,430 litres as required by folding down the sections of the rear backrest, with its standard 40:20:40 split.
Your Personal CoPilot: BMW’s most advanced Driving Assistant package.
As the latest vehicle in this class, the all-new BMW X4 is available with the driver assistance systems for semi-automated driving (Personal CoPilot) that are familiar on the BMW 5 Series and the new BMW X3.
The Driving Assistant Plus package, standard on all models, includes the most advanced assistance systems and supports the driver with a range of comfort and safety functions. This includes the Steering and Lane Control Assistant, Lane Keeping Assistant with collision prevention as well as Priority warning, Crossing-traffic warning and Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go.
Inside, the X4 offers the latest iDrive6 infotainment system with 10.25-inch central information display. With Navigation system Professional as standard, the driver has four ways of interacting with the vehicles’ infotainment system; iDrive controller, touch function on the central information display, natural speech voice input and the optional BMW Gesture Control system.
For all X4 models a new multi-function instrument display is standard equipment. This 12-inch high-definition digital screen is adaptable to the Driving Experience Mode selected by the driver.
The BMW Head Up Display (standard on xDrive30i and M40i variants) allows the most important driving-related information to be projected directly into the driver’s field of vision. The Head Up Display in the new BMW X4 is unrivalled in its segment for graphics, resolution and display options, and with a projection area now 70 per cent larger than before.
Smooth, efficient and powerful drivetrains
The new BMW X4 launches with three efficient, responsive engine configurations:
BMW X4 M40i: 3.0-litre six-cylinder in-line petrol engine, maximum power 265 kW, maximum torque 500 Nm, 0–100 km/h 4.8 sec, ECE fuel consumption 9.2 l/100 km.
BMW X4 xDrive30i M Sport X: 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine, maximum power 185 kW, maximum torque 350 Nm, 0–100 km/h 6.3 sec, ECE fuel consumption 7.8 l/100 km.
BMW X4 xDrive20d: 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine, maximum power 140 kW, maximum torque 400 Nm, 0–100 km/h 8.0 sec, ECE fuel consumption 5.8 l/100 km.
Standard specification highlights
The new BMW X4 xDrive20d boasts an impressive array of specification and style as standard. Equipment highlights include:
- xLine exterior design package
- 19-inch light alloy wheels
- 8-speed automatic transmission with gearshift paddles
- Roof rails in aluminium satinated finish
- DAB+ digital radio
- Electric tailgate operation
- Variable Sport Steering
- M Sport suspension
- Ambient Lighting package with Welcome Light Carpet
- Sports front seats with electric adjustment and memory
- Leather ‘Vernasca’ upholstery
- Interior trim finishers, fine-wood Oak in dark high-gloss
- LED headlights with extended contents
- BMW Connected+, featuring BMW Online, Real Time Traffic Information, Concierge Service, Teleservices, Intelligent Emergency Call, Remote Services
- Parking Assistant with rear view camera and Park Distance Control front/rear
- Driving Assistant Plus, includes:
- Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant with collision prevention
- Cross-traffic warning
- Lane Change Warning and Lane Departure Warning
- Speed Limit Info traffic sign recognition
- Multifunctional Instrument Display
- Navigation system Professional with 10.25-inch touchscreen
- Inductive wireless phone charging
The BMW X4 xDrive30i M Sport X adds even further standard specification, including a new M Sport X exterior and interior package:
- 20-inch M light alloy wheels
- M Sport X package, including:
- M Sport X frozen grey contrast design elements
- BMW M light alloy wheel design
- M Sport braking package
- M Sport multifunction steering wheel
- BMW Individual roof liner in anthracite
- Interior trim finishers Aluminium Rhombicle Dark
- M door sill finishers, illuminated
- Adaptive LED headlights with BMW Selective Beam
- BMW Head Up Display
- Comfort Access System
- 8-speed sports automatic transmission with shift paddles
- Parking Assistant Plus package, including Remote 3D view
As the flagship to the range, the X4 M40i additionally adds the following specification:
- 21-inch light alloy wheels
- Adaptive M suspension
- BMW Gesture Control
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
- Harman Kardon surround sound system
As with all New Zealand-new BMW vehicles a five year warranty, three year service inclusive programme and five year roadside assist coverage is fully included.
Orders are now being taken for the new BMW X4, ahead of its New Zealand on-sale date in September.